I am still here-----breathing! I have so busy the first two weeks of school. I feel like I am drowning , and now I am coming to the top for some air. So don't give up on me. I will begin posting regularly soon.
Sunday, August 14, 2011
Not many people will know that I have not posted or have been MIA, but for my followers and for those who have me on their blogrolls BIG THANKS and here is my newest post.
Last week was the first week of school with the students. I literally planned each day the night before (as I am changing grade levels from first to third) based on "teachable moments" and what I learned from my students each day (I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what I call "teachable moments". This means I can vear away from my lesson plans (however, still following curriculum and standards) and teach MY students according to their needs (academically, socially, and emotionally). BTW-MY STUDENTS ARE THE BEST THIRD GRADERS!!!
Anyway onto my post--
Last week we did the usual rules, procedures, and beginning to learn routines. I used the week as a getting to know me week. The students and I learned about each other in various ways. Here are just a few:
- We discussed places to read and used an easy graphic organizer web.
- We discussed what we like to read about and the students created word splashes. (I can not wait to introduce Wordle to them.)
- We began reading How to Be Cool in Third Grade by Betsy Duffey. We are creating an easy story map and making text to self connections.
- Students (and myself) brought in 3-5 items about ourselves and shared them in front of the class (no one freaked out!).
- We made Venn Diagrams similiar to those found at Third Grade Thinkers. However, I could not get her link to work at the time (She has fixed it now!) so I had to create my own table. I added some items. The students had an awesome time and conversation was amazing. I had to join because I have an odd number of students in my room. I will post pics.
What do you do to encourage teamwork?
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
And the Winners are....Thank you for following my blog, Learn with ME in and Kathy's blog, First Grade A La Carte. A BIG THANK YOU TO KATHY for helping me in the giveaway..
I am so sorry that I did not post the winners last night, but being BUSY has doubled as pre-planning began this week. I have been swamped----
And the Winners are
Brain is fried! I can not even remember the steps that got me this, but I have the image for comment of number 13.
polkadotowl and kathleen3 would comment an email address, I will send games and I will get help from a friend to help clear my scattered and stressed brain. Since I took an extra day and and one-fourth, winners will have until Friday at midnight EST. I will post all like all the pros do, but I want the winners to know that they have won. Thank you for your patience. Thank you all for entering. Tomorrow I get to meet the students for Registration. Night--Night.