Saturday, May 28, 2011

Rain Forest, Rain Forest What Do You See?

     Rainforest Projects are completed and shared! The students did an AMAZING job! I am so proud of them. Here are a few:












Our culminating activities included sharing our research, acting out Jan Brett's, The Umbrella.
I used the masks on Jan Brett's website. (Side note-When we act out using "masks", I laminate and make necklaces for the students to wear instead OR attach the masks to paint stirrers that I get free from Home Depot.) We completed the L part of the KWL chart and was I impressed! I promised to make "Rain Forest" cookies (recipe found in the book, The Rainforest Grew All Around) this weekend for us to have on Monday. This will be another opportunity to discuss foods that come from the rain forest reinforcing the need to Save our Earth everyday-everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment