Friday, June 13, 2014

Five For Friday Linky and a Freebie


fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

This week has been fun-filled and enjoyed with my friends and family.




We are exploring the ocean habitat. Today we learned about fish. We live very close to the beach and so there often. We also have a boat and take the boat to the ocean via rivers. My boys and I discussed our boat rides and our fishing adventures. We discussed freshwater and saltwater. I even mentioned brackish water as a new vocabulary word. We recalled the animals we have caught while fishing and riding on the boat. These include stingray, crab, shark, pelicans, seagulls, herons, redfish, seatrout, sheepshead, seabass, triggerfish, and several more. (Of course, we catch and release.) I led the conversation to the difference between how fish breathe and how people breathe. We discussed how shark were fish and dolphins were mammals. My younger son made a connection to how dolphins come out of water to get air and how when we swim we come up to get air too. 
The boys listened to the F song from abcmouse and we made a list of words that began with the letter F. Each of them found two objects in the house or outside that began with the letter F, as well as, traced and wrote the letter F using Starfall.

Berry picking-We picked blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries. It was hot, but we had a lot of fun with friends. After picking berries in the morning, I made berry smoothies for my daughter and I. Then, she looked for berry recipes and made a three berry pie complete with a homemade crust. It was desert and delicious!




We went to the pool! My teammate and I live in the same neighborhood. We have become very good friends. We had some adult conversation while my daughter read and our boys played. We were sure to wear our sunscreen, but we still got a little sunburned too.


Friday mornings consists of tutoring. The community below our neighborhood has a Farmer's Market so my friend and I went over to explore. We were disappointed because there was one vegetable vendor, three products and self-made good vendors, a plant vendor, a seafood vendor, and a hot dog stand. Oh well, I guess that means a visit to the Saturday Farmer's Market in town or Tuesday in the neighboring town. 



Doing laundry is never a fun task, but whenever you are making the above picture become filled for a getaway it is GRAND. My husband and I are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. We are so ready for a vacation and time together. My job is to do the laundry and clean our house. Not too bad considering during summer break, I am able to make sure the house is cleaned each evening and do laundry regularly (not just on the weekend). 
So now I'm off to meal planning for my kids and packing. Here is the link to the menu planner.

Be sure to link up to Five for Friday Linky and catch what everyone else has been doing! Have a great weekend! 






1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are off to a great start this summer! I need some fun summery things to do! If you are interested, I'm hosting Sell It Saturdays today at my blog. I'd love for you to link up!

    Kristin
    Teaching In A Nutshell

    ReplyDelete