Thursday, June 26, 2014

Throwback Thursday


Summer reading at its best! Today my crew and I went to the library. The above picture shows what we will be reading for the next week. We are also learning about letters and numbers, as well as, a craft each day. My boys are excited about dinosaurs; therefore, we got several non-fiction books about dinosaurs. My daughter got several fiction books, and I got a book about fun things to do in our new hometown. Since we are doing all this reading, and I am sure you are catching up on some personal (fun) reading and reading professionally too, my Throwback Thursday is a reading post. 


It is Manic Monday over at Classroom Freebies. If you haven't been there, then you better get over there and start discovering all the freebies.


No matter what you call your reading/language arts time, I bet your students read. I bet you teach your students about reading comprehension strategies to use BEFORE, DURING, and AFTER reader. I bet you instill in your students a love for listening to read alouds, reading independently, and wanting to learn more through reading. I have created some bookmarks to aide in encompassing the love and excitement, as well as, sneaking in using reading comprehension strategies.




I am super excited about these bookmarks. Click here for a sneak peek and a freebie at the first one in the series! If you like what you see, please consider following my blog.
Ideas on how to use:
You could print on colored paper to add Pizzazz and cut!
You could print front and back. Have the students fold and use for 6 weeks!
You could print and laminate. Allow students to use vis a vis and reuse!
The possibilities are endless.
Any other suggestions on how to use?
Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment