Thursday, July 3, 2014

Critical Thinking-Throwback Thursday



At the end of the school year, all the teachers at my school had to pack their classroom because the school is being reorganized. Our community is growing and portables are being added for next school year. Therefore, we are all anxiously awaiting late July to get back into our classrooms. I have been critically thinking of my new classroom arrangement and getting ready for the new school year. Therefore, I thought this post from August 1, 2013 was fitting for Thursday's Throwback post. 


Common Core is all about evidence (just at Bloom's Taxonomy and Marzano). In my classroom, you will hear me say--
"Show me"
"How do you know"
"Why do you think so"
"PROVE IT"

Here are some cool websites that can spark critical thinking:

Wonderopolis provides a wonder each day. Students can write, debate, discuss.....the possibilities are endless



Writing Prompts at Tumblr has a new writing prompt each day. There are even Common Core standards on the prompts. Again, the possibilities are endless.

Be sure to check out my Critical Thinking board on Pinterest.

I created Question Stems

Click the picture to grab your Freebie!






If you haven't check out Educator's Guide to Quick Critical Thinking List, I recommend taking a quick peek.

Don't forget to refer to the Depth of Knowledge Wheel

Happy Questioning!


Be sure to join in the fun over at Hope at Second Grade Shenanigans




No comments:

Post a Comment