Friday, July 11, 2014

Five for Friday-Linky Party July11, 2014






Another wonderful week of summer fun!  I love sitting in my sunroom, enjoying my Blueberry Clusters cereal, feeling the breeze from the fan, and reflecting on my week through blogging!



Family time is so fun. On Sunday, the weather was nice-not too hot or humid (and that is rare in the Charleston area in July). However, we took advantage of the weather and went downtown. Charleston has so much history. We went on our third zillion (is that a word?) carriage ride, visited the Provost Dungeon, and had our own walking tour. I should have used my new app MapMyWalk to see exactly how much we walked. Our boys even walked (most of the time). Daddy and sissy carried them only a small amount of time. 






We moved from Georgia to South Carolina My middle child loves sports. He loves the Georgia Bulldogs, and we love hearing him cheer, "GOOOOO DAWGS!" Well when we moved to Charleston we didn't realize their minor league team was the Riverdogs. It is so ironic. He can still cheer for dogs and shout, "Let's Go Dogs!" with the crowd. Love our family fun!




 My boys earned their Summer Reading Rewards! (My daughter has too, but she only realized this week that there were awards for her age group. She signed up this week and will definitely receive her prizes next week. She reads continuously-novels-thick novels.)



 Healthy eating is part of my family's lifestyle. This week I tried a grilled eggplant recipe from Pinterest and it was yummy! I also bought a bike (I have not got on a bike in probably 20+ years, but I got on and have been riding like a charm.) I use the app MapMy Ride and each night my hubby and I have ridden about 5-10 miles.  I love this beach cruiser. It does make you actually "workout" because I have to pedal the entire time, but its fun. It doesn't seem like a workout or exercise at all and that is what I like!



 I talked to my sister many times on the phone this week and my kids Facetime with her and their cousins often. They are definitely what I miss most about moving from Georgia. She and I have never been this far apart in our lives. She is my best friend-love that girl! (And she is coming to visit me in a couple of weeks, and then I'm going "home" too to visit.)



(Yes, I know soon I will have to begin placing my thoughts toward school and the end of summer break. Next week, I will feature some prep for next year.)

Don't forget to head on over to Doodlebugs Teaching and tell us about your fabulous five!

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. The eggplant recipe looks delicious. My wife and I like to make eggplant "fries." We slice up the eggplant in to strips, roll in egg and panko bread crumbs, then put them in the oven. Obviously there is more to the recipe than that, but you get the idea. Have a great rest of the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Delena,

    So glad to have found you through the Doodle Bugs linky! That eggplant recipe looks amazing, it almost looks like a parmagiana. Might have to google something similar. :)

    Also super jealous of your bike! I live by the beach and have wanted a cruiser just like that for so long.

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Delena, it's Kaitlyn, formerly of CBE :) I just nominated you for a Liebster Award for new bloggers! Check out my post here to accept your nomination:

    http://thirdtimeinthird.blogspot.com/2014/10/youll-be-famous-as-famous-as-can-be.html

    ReplyDelete