Tuesday, July 17, 2012

5 Picture Books









Lindsey over at The Teacher Wife is having a linky party. I have decided to join her.
It was soooo hard trying to choose my favorite picture books. Each one I have holds a dear place in my heart or teaching repetoire, but I have narrowed it down to 5 with the help of my personal kids' home library. (Of course, we have lots of books at home. Some double to the books I have at school. I have tons. Afterall, I have taught a variety of grades PK-5-mainly K and 1.)

Anyway here they are-in no particular order.






Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See by Eric Carle is definitely a must when teaching kids their colors. My youngest reads this everyday (memory, of course), but I love hearing his little voice when reading this book. There are so many awesome activities to do with this book in your Pre-K or K classroom.

The Kissing Hand  by Audrey Penn is another favorite. I love reading this the first day of Kindergarten. It makes me cry every time I read it. Again, there are lots and lots of activities and lessons for this book.


Kiss Good Night by Amy Hest is a must read each night before bed. This book is so sweet!


Each Living Thing by Joanne Ryder is my new Earth Day Every Day book. This book allows the reader to understand that everyday we should take care of the Earth we live on. 


Little Engine That Could by Watty Piper is just a classic that should be read to all kids. We need to let our students know that we believe in them. We need to accelerate all learners to reach their potential.

Happy Reading!






3 comments:

  1. Great choices!! I always love reading The Kissing Hand on the first day of school!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to pick up a copy of "Each Living Thing" for this year!

    Make sure to stop by and enter my giveaway
    -Courtney
    2ndgradesnapshots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete