If you have not been checking out Tara from 4th Grade Frolics Monday Made it fun! Then, you need to hurry over and check out each weeks. There are some really cool things for school, self, and so much more.
So here is my item for
This week my sister and her hubby celebrated their 15th wedding anniversary. My niece and nephew were at my house with my three kids. (Yeah and Yikes, at the same time). Afterall, I am a teacher and they are "teacher kids" (all of them) so they know I can handle anything, but needless to say I wanted lots of projects for my niece and daughter. They found DIY bangle bracelets.
Here they are. All of them stacked.
A few laid out for better viewing
Last, a few dangling bangles on my daughter's wrist
Now you are probably thinking this is look hard, but actually it was very easy. (Although they did the baking process two times instead of one time like the original directions.)
spray clear, acrylic glaze
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees
2. Cut or pinch off modeling clay and make into snakes.
3. Measure the distance (diameter) around your wrist and added a 1/2 to one inch. (They used the diameter of a glass by seeing if their fist could fit inside and viola.--How smart!)
4. You can twist, braid, or use a single piece of clay for each bracelet. Be sure to secure by using a small ball of clay to join the ends and pinch.
5. Place on a metal baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
6. Allow to cool. Spray with acrylic glaze.
Now on to Manic Monday Freebie
I have an oldie, but a goodie.
I made this a gazillion years ago. I updated just this morning.
Those of you doing guided math, math stations, or just using word problems should use this for your math exemplars or word problems. This can be used from K-5.
Here is the freebie link.
Now head on over to Classroom Freebies Manic Monday Freebies
If you like what you see, please be sure to follow so that you do not miss anything.